CAIRO: US Secretary of State John Kerry was in Cairo on Saturday to push for a way out of Egypt's violence-wracked political impasse, underlining the need for a consensus to overcome a crippling economic crisis.As Kerry arrived from Turkey, protesters torched a police station in the canal city of Port Said which is entering its third week of civil disobedience, reflecting the size of the...
Online note service Evernote latest firm to get hacked
Labels: LifestyleYet another company has fallen victim to a hack, with attackers breaking into systems at Evernote, maker of a Web-based note-taking application used by about 50 million people.The company said in a security notice that some user data had been accessed and that Evernote was requiring all users to reset their passwords. Apparently, though, no sensitive financial info was stolen, and no user content...
Sequester blame game goes on as shutdown looms
Labels: Health President Obama on Saturday called for a "caucus of common sense" to step forward and stop the sequester, which began cutting $85 billion of federal spending out of the economy on Friday. Play VideoSequester to affect all federal agencies "I know there are Republicans in Congress who would rather see tax loopholes closed than let these cuts go through," he said in his weekly address. "And I know...
Rescuers Search for Man as Fla. Sinkhole Grows
Labels: Business Rescuers early Saturday morning returned to the site where a sinkhole swallowed a Florida man in his bedroom after the home's foundation collapsed.Jeff Bush was in his bedroom when a sinkhole opened up and trapped him underneath his home at 11 p.m. Thursday night.While the sinkhole was initially estimated to be 15 feet deep on Thursday night, the chasm has continued to grow. Officials...
Mar
01
Obama blames Republicans for "dumb" cuts
Labels: Technology WASHINGTON: President Barack Obama on Friday blamed Republican refusal to compromise on deficit cutting for "dumb" and "unnecessary" spending cuts about to slam into the fragile US economy.The arbitrary and automatic $85 billion dollar cuts, known as the "sequester" will begin later Friday, in a self-inflicted wound brought about by deep ideological polarization between the president and...
What's up with the sun? Plenty.
Labels: LifestyleHigh-resolution image of a sunspot taken at the Sacramento Peak Observatory of the National Solar Observatory in New Mexico. We're currently in the midst of what scientists say is the sun's 11-year solar weather cycle and it's making for quite the show. Over the last few months, NASA and the European Space Agency have been recording solar flares as they erupt, tracking solar storms that send charged...
Man feared dead in 100-foot sinkhole near Tampa
Labels: Health Last Updated 1:15 p.m. ET SEFFNER, Fla. A man was missing and feared dead early Friday after a large sinkhole opened under the bedroom of a house near Tampa. His brother says the man screamed for help before he disappeared. The 36-year-old man's brother, Jeremy Bush, told rescue crews he heard a loud crash around 11 p.m. Thursday, then heard his brother screaming for help. "When he got there,...
Obama, Congress Fail to Avert Sequester Cuts
Labels: Business President Obama and congressional leaders today failed to reach a breakthrough to avert a sweeping package of automatic spending cuts, setting into motion $85 billion of across-the-board belt-tightening that neither had wanted to see.Obama met for just over an hour at the White House today with Republican leaders House Speaker John Boehner and Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell...
Feb
28
WikiLeaks: Manning says he wanted "public debate" on war
Labels: Technology WASHINGTON: US Army private Bradley Manning told a military tribunal on Thursday that he leaked incident logs from the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan to WikiLeaks in order to start a "public debate.""For me they represent the underground realities of the conflicts of Iraq and Afghanistan," Manning told the court, after his lawyer said he plans to plead guilty to some of the charges leveled...
Google testing new navigation design borrowed from Chrome
Labels: LifestyleGoogle tests a new navigation system for its services that dumps the controversial black bar.(Credit:Google Operating System)Google is testing a new version of its home page that eliminates the controversial navigation bar that has sat atop its services for two years, the company said.The version now being tested requires users to click a grid icon borrowed from Chrome OS for links to Gmail, Google...
Subscribe to:
Posts (Atom)
Copyright © News conjugate. All rights reserved.
Design And Business Directories